29 Jun 2020
The confinement imposed since March makes us want to change the air and our children are tired of going around in circles!
With the late announcement of the campgrounds reopening and the possibility of renting a cottage, it was necessary to act quickly to book the dream getaway. In case of failure, we go back to basics in order to live an experience different from the initial expectations. What is important in my life at the moment? What would really make me happy? All members of the family can contribute ideas and each in turn realize their wish, without judgment!
Those who cannot afford to take summer vacations should use weekends as a means of escape. No need to stay at home, our region and Quebec are to be discovered. There is always a new activity to try. Here are some suggestions from the Vert Essentiel team to inspire you.
Proposals for a successful regional vacation:
- For lovers of paddle boarding, kayaking and canoeing; discover the Go Paddling mobile application that allows you to find the places where you can launch your boats according to your geolocation. Ask about the rental of boats available in several places. The shores are beautiful views of the water.
- Visit the regional parks that you haven’t visited for a long time: La base de plein air Les Cèdres, les sentiers de l’Escapade in Rigaud, the Cap St-Jacques, the St-Zotique beach, etc.
- The Windy mobile app keeps you informed of wind direction and strength in real time. Really useful for water sports enthusiasts but also for the small family who decides to go cycling. It facilitates the management of the wind factor for the outward or return journey. Bring some zero-waste soapy dough with you for lunch!
- While on the go, buy and listen to music by local artists. Visit the Quebec pioneering site Bluetracks in order to support creators in a concrete way.
- There are no camping sites available? Set up the tent in your yard and spend the night there, young and old will be delighted!
- Organize an original themed BBQ with friends or family, respecting the health guidelines, in order to see the people you missed during confinement and make up for lost time.
- Try the facilities of the various municipal parks, it is possible to practice a bunch of activities. Find out about the offer of different municipalities. Check out the excellent article in Le Soleil de Chateauguay newspaper, suggestions from Infosuroit.com, as well as Neomedia for a picnic.
- Go on a photo safari and capture the moments as well as the places visited from a different angle. Letting go of your fool for poses is fun and very relaxing…
Some ideas to get busy at home:
On this note, we wish you wonderful moments and wear your reusable masks proudly during public outings. We all do our part, no matter how small.